Saturday, August 02, 2008

AA3 Week 1 - Film Sound & Music Overview

I was pretty disappointed that our film for this semester is some 90 year old film I've never heard of. Still, I guess making sound effects and music will still be fun. I have chosen the first two minutes of the second clip we were provided with. This is because there are a lot more indoor scenes and I think it will be more fun making those indoor eerie sound scapes. This section of the film was pretty freaky and I think for that time it would have been very scary. This film, Nosferatu: A Symphony Of Horror, has some chilling parts and I'm sure with some clever sound design skills I can make it even scarier.

|0.00 - 1.08| - Indoor setting / wood surroundings / possible dialogue / sounds of man flicking through book

|1.08 - 1.52| - clock / door knock / door opening / dracular / door slam / man scared / out door noises

|1.52 - 2.25| - doors opens / man scared hiding / vampire


[2]

BOO!


I've only looked at the overall sounds very briefly. Later this semester I will go into a lot more depth.



[1] Luke Harrald. "Audio Arts: Semester 2 - Week 1 Film Sound & Music Overview". Lecture presented at EMU, Audiolab, University of Adelaide, South Australia, 29th July 2008

[2] Bram Stoker & Henrik Galeen - Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror. Dir. Murnau F.W. Videocassette. Germany: Film Arts Guild, 1922. 94 min.

No comments: