Sunday, November 02, 2008

Week 9 Forum - 3rd Year Presentations

[1]

I wanna hear a composition through this!


Today we had presentation by the third years. I was impressed by how many students decided to use surround sound in their works. I haven't used surround in my work but not because it doesn't interest me. I just haven't found a use for it yet. I do want to learn how to mix in surround properly for future work. I thought Ben's piano piece was nice and Jake's piece sounded great with the surround sounds pulsating through the room. Dave's piece was also quite good.


[1] 100Cute, Technology, Celebrity & Fashion Blog. http://www.100cute.com/design-your-own-surround-sound-spherical-speakers-for-the-real-bang.html (Accessed 10/10/8)

[2] Stephen Whittington & 3rd Year Students, "Music Technology Forum: Semester 2 - Week 9 – Student Presentations". Lecture presented at the Electronic Music Unit, University of Adelaide, South Australia, 9th October 2008

No comments: