Saturday, September 02, 2006

CC - Week 3 - Performance Sequencing

I think Ableton Live is an awesome program. I have been fortune to use it in the past although I haven’t really explored it too much. I would love to continue to use the software both within my university study and also within my other projects. I think that the version in the Audio Labs is very limiting and really doesn’t allow the user to do much. With only one effect it is very hard to have a clean sound as you cannot use Eqs, compressors, or filters (well you can but only one of those). Having only four tracks isn’t as limiting because you can change scenes to add any samples that don’t fit.

I can see the point Christian made about utilizing the limited features to allow for some creative outlook. But, my opinion is that these limitations just make the process annoying.

This is a sequence I made using some house samples.

Week_3_Live_House_Sequence

No comments: