Thursday, May 31, 2007

CC2 Major Assignment - Electronic Music Composition

For my composition I decided to create a Random Note Generator / Fibonacci Series Generator / Record & Playback Sequencer. My Analysis describes the different functions in detail. In a nutshell I have various parameters that can either be varied randomly, using the Fibonacci Sequence or manually by the user. The sliders next to the LEDs are varying the harshness of the control data. Yellow LEDs are random and Blue LEDs are Fibonacci generated number sequencers.

At the top the user must first select the device they want to control in Reason. I have bussed the Combinator, NN19, Subtractor & Dr Rex into IAC busses from Cubase. Cubase and Reason run in rewire and the sounds are generated for Max. I found out, after I handed up my assignment, that the Combinator doesn't work. Also my presets don't work but I already knew that.

I have some pictures of my patch, my documentation and my patch.


my patch . . .



my patch in action with Cubase and Reason. . .



screen shot of my patch. . .



screen shot part II. . .



my Fibonacci patch. . .



my line patch. . .



score. . .


Documentation
PreProduction
Analysis
Program Note
Score [9.5MB]


Audio
Fibbon Ree [5.5MB]


Patch
Fibbon Ree [452KB]

No comments: