Saturday, November 18, 2006

Audio Arts Minor Environment Assignment

This semester, I chose to do my Audio Arts as my minor. The assignment was to record a sound scape using a portable recorder. I used the Maranz Firewire recorder instead of the DAT.

We then had to recreate the sound scape by identifying all the sounds, mapping them in a sound event map, recreating them, and then doing a 5.1 surround mix in Cubase. All the sounds had to be created using synthesis or sampling techniques. If we used a sample it had to be a basic sound. In my case I used a recording of paper being blown into.

All my synthesised sounds were created in Plogue Bidule. I recorded my Bidule patches and then imported the audio files into Cubase. I have some pictures of my Bidule patches and my Cubase Session. I also have a stereo mix of my sound scape and recreation.

AA_Minor High Quality (4.5MB)

AA_Minor Low Quality (1.3MB)

Original Soundscape (2.7MB)

Documentation


This is a screenshot of my final result.




These are the patches for my bird sound.



No comments: