Saturday, November 18, 2006

Week 13 Forum

[1]

Today we had guest speaker Johannes Sistermanns. He is an artist from Germany who does Sound Plastic.

During the presentation Johannes claimed that he practiced sound plastic and not sound installations. I don’t understand the difference. I’m not sure if it’s because his English wasn’t the best or if it’s because I just don’t understand what he does. There’s one thing I know for sure, and that is he seems to love cling wrap.

[2]


Unfortunately he didn’t have any audio to play to us, which I though was a bit strange. It’s pretty difficult to imagine what tons and tons of cling wrap will sound like. I imagine like a gigantic sandwich. As you can see it’s the end of the year and I just want to get this blog finished. [3]

Here are some samples that to make the Johannes experience come alive.

Sample 1 (44KB)

Sample 2 (128KB)


[1] Johannes Sistermanns. "Johannes Sistermanns", http://www.st.rim.or.jp/~mal/Cafe/JSS3.jpg (Accessed November 11th 2006)

[2] Johannes Sistermanns. "Johannes Sistermanns", http://www.rachelhaferkamp.de/images/sistermanns/sister06pics/Gang_DeckeBoden_.jpg (Accessed November 11th 2006)

[3] Johannes Sistermanns. 'Music Technology Forum Presentation - EMU Space'. Lecture presented in the EMU Space, Electronic Music Unit, University of Adelaide, 2nd November 2006.

No comments: