Saturday, November 18, 2006

Creative Computing Major Assignment

For my major assignment this semester I had to compose an electronic piece and perform the piece in real time. I created my sounds in Plogue Bidule and used Live also to trigger off my samples. Bidule ran as the master in this case.

In Bidule I created a number of patches. Below is my piano pad sounds I made.


This is my PolySynth patch.




This is my Multi-Synth patch.




This is my Bidule Session




I created my bass patch using spectral processing. This created a large amount of stress on the CPU usage. The sound was very loud which I was able to fix with a compressor. You can see the compressor in my Bidule session.




My guitar sound was created by controlling a VSTi. The guitar audio was converted to MIDI using a spectral Bidule. After the plugin, the signal runs through two delays and two ambient plugins.






My Live session had four scenes (the maximum allowable in Lite Edition).






I have a recording of my live set.

Crazy Piani High Quality [8.5MB]

Crazy Piani Medium Quality [5.7MB]

Crazy Piani Low Quality [2.5MB]

I also have my documentation attached if you want to read.

My Documentation + Samples

No comments: