Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Week 3 Forum - Modular Electronics


This week I tried recording the piezo from last week on some newspaper. I placed the piezo inside the paper and shook it around. The sound created was interesting but I was hoping for a more brighter sound.


Newspaper Piezo Sound [264KB]



I completed the tasks A, B & C from our forum class. I found that these exercises took a very long time and it was frustrating when something as simple as changing one pin or placing a new resistor or capacitor could make or break the entire circuit.


Square Wave Oscillator



Square Wave Oscillator [1MB]



Modulating A Square Wave Oscillator



Modulating A Square Wave Oscillator [1MB]



Simple Ring Modulation Effect



Modulating A Square Wave Oscillator [1.2MB]





me playing around. . .




I did some further experimentation with the piezo. I tried using the piezo as a speaker and then joining it to another piezo which was connected to an amplifier. At times I got small shocks and the piezo was vibrating a lot.



[14.9MB]

you haven't heard Armin van Buuren till you've heard him through a piezo. . .



[10.9MB]

my piezo setup. . .



[8MB]

teapot piezo. . .



[1] Christian Haines. "Music Technology Forum: Semester 2 - Week 3 - Modular Electronics". Lecture presented at the Electronic Music Unit, University of Adelaide, South Australia, 9th August 2007.

No comments: