Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Week 4 Forum - Circuit Bending I


This week our task was to circuit bend our own toy. I was all set and went down to the reject shop in town and bought my toy.




The I opened it and was very "annoyed!" (university blog language)





Turns out there wasn't any chip inside of the gun even though the front claimed it had a light near the trigger. I obviously had to go back to the shops and I couldn't find anything. Before almost giving up I did find this. . .


[6.2MB]



I then proceeded to take this toy apart to explore what was inside.















After I completely stuffed it up. . .


[41.7MB]

Just so you know this stank! I could smell burning plastic and the foil was getting heaps hot! I definitely shorted the circuit!


Sound File
Circuit Hacking [484KB]


[1] Christian Haines. "Music Technology Forum: Semester 2 - Week 4 - Circuit Bending I". Lecture presented at the Electronic Music Unit, University of Adelaide, South Australia, 16th August 2007.

No comments: