Monday, May 26, 2008

Week 8 Forum – Peter Dowdall Presentation

This week’s forum without a doubt was the best forum I’ve attended in my years at this university. It was great to listen to someone’s life experience in the industry and his honest opinions on working with commercial artists.

Peter Dowdall had worked with many artists including Britney Spears. It was interesting to see how even the most professional artists are not conscience about such important recording practices. I’m talking about his example of inserting an mp3 region in a ProTools session. That did surprise me quite a bit.

Dowdall’s career is pretty much my dream job. It was interesting to see how other students, notably John, didn’t share my enthusiasm as their career goal. Dowdall’s job did sound stressful at times but I wouldn’t trade the opportunity to work with professionals for anything.


who wouldn't want Peter's job?


[1] Peter Dowdall, "Music Technology Forum: Semester 1 - Week 8 – Sound Engineering". Lecture presented at the Electronic Music Unit, University of Adelaide, South Australia, 8th May 2008

[2] wallpaper, Britney Spears. www.skins.be/britney-spears (Accessed 9/5/8)

No comments: