Thursday, August 14, 2008

AA3 Week 3 - Foley I

For this week's exercise I have started on the sound of a window opening. I recorded myself in Studio 1 on the chair. I set up a microphone underneath the chair and rocked it back and forth to create a creaking sound. I then added some reverb to give the sound some space. I have added too much reverb at this stage but I didn't spend a lot of time on this sound. It was really just to demonstrate where my ideas are heading.



Click here to hear my sound so far.



These are the rest of the foley elements in the third clip that I will be working with:

- outdoor ambience
- running footsteps (individual & many)
- rocks landing on ground
- laughing
- people screaming
-rocks bouncing off the roof
- vampire shuffling and climbing off roof
- smoke off the roof

- wife knitting
- wife deep breath

- footsteps on grass
- shuffling through bush
- vampire jumping

- wife sleeping
- wife suddenly awakes scared
- man sleeping
- wife clasping window seal
- wife opens window

- big wooden doors opens

- wife stumbles
- wife pleads for help
- man helps wife on bed


[1] Luke Harrald. "Audio Arts: Semester 2 - Week 3 -Foley Analysis I - Nosferatu". Lecture presented at EMU, University of Adelaide, South Australia, 12th August 2008

No comments: