Monday, March 19, 2007

AA2 Week 3 - Electric Strings

This week we talked about recording strings. We went through both electric and acoustics instruments but on had time to record an electric guitar.

This is my strings recordings for this week. I also have a few pictures of my Pro Tools Session and also my microphone setup. I recorded myself "playing" guitar inside the studio. The amp and microphone setup was out in the EMU space.

I used a lot of compression in my recording as an experiement to see how loud and compressed I could make the sound. I am not the greatest guitarist so I couldn't get a great sound. [1]











Electric Guitar - No Compression

Electric Guitar - With Compression

**All Files Are Small**


[1] David Grice. 'Audio Arts Lecture - EMU Space'. Lecture presented in the EMU Space, Electronic Music Unit, University of Adelaide, 13th March 2007.

No comments: